Sunday, October 17, 2010

Gather 'Round, Kids, It's Story Time

Bad news, my friends.  The remodel did not get done in time for this post.  It might be because, as a dorm, we are incredibly lazy, or it might be because we have an eye for detail and care about our work.  Think what you will. But hopefully we'll get that update for you fairly soon.

Anyways, let's go sit on the mat, chilluns, because it's story time! I actually have a couple doozies for ya'll today.  The first one happened today.  I was sitting in church, being my usual righteous self, when I took an opportunity to look at the program*, and saw that we had two musical numbers.  Which apparently isn't all that uncommon in Provo.  More uncommon, is when they perform the exact same song.  Whoopsies.  They played my favorite hymn, so I was all for it, but the looks on people's faces when they realized what was happening... priceless.  For those of you unaware, musical numbers in Mormon wards tend to have excessive intros, where you don't really know what song they're about to bust into.  Then they play a couple notes and people have an "Oh! I know what this is" moment.  Today it was followed by an "OH! We just listened to this!" moment. Deja vu, to the max.

*Note: I did not actually look at the program; I was setting the stage for the rest of the story.

Pretty much how we get around now.  And yes, Dad, this picture's for you.
The second story deals with a recent acquisition made by our dorm room.  My roommate, Mark (whom you all met whilst he was half naked and blue a couple posts ago), has a sister who lives pretty close to us, and had a moped that she wasn't using.  Yep, our dorm has a moped.  It's totally sweet, and we drive it everywhere.  For instance, on Friday we went over to our FHE sisters' place for dinner, a grand total of two feet away from our dorm.  So naturally, we took "the Scooter".  After the festivities were over, a couple of girls wanted rides on it, so naturally we obliged.  After Mark dropped off the last girl, and he's coming to pick up me and Rob, we see him barreling toward us, full throttle. Me and Rob look at each other and do the whole "Pft, who's he trying to impress?" look, and realize that Mark isn't stopping.  He hits the sidewalk in front of where me and Rob are standing, and the wheels just peel out in this huge arc and Mark's on the ground.  At this point me and Rob are like, "Crap! We just watched our roommate die" and run over there to listen to his final words.  Turns out he was fine, and the throttle had gotten stuck on top speed.  In hindsight, it was hilarious.

On a final note, to people like me out there... RIP

Keep it real!

Matt

4 comments:

  1. The second picture looks like a modern tech fusion of astronomy and a carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny stories. The second would have been funnier if YOU were the one of the "scooter". It would have fit this family perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee I wonder which of the two reasons is the truth about why we have no update on the remodel! Keep learning lots and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you dead or something? we miss your blog!

    ReplyDelete