Monday, September 27, 2010

Do I Really Have to Graduate, or Can I Just Stay Here for the Rest of My Life?

Welp, there are two great things about college.  The first is that I can use words that don't exist, like "welp," and you'll just go with it.  The second is that I can make arbitrary lists and you all will try and find some deeper meaning in it.  Think for yourselves, Sheeple!!

This week was actually the first week where I actually felt like I was in college. First of all, as you guys should know if you follow me on facebook, I just had a  massive amount of homework. And by massive amount, I mean I had one paper due in humanities.  But gosh darn it, that was a paper I didn't want to write.  Plus, I had like four problems to do for Econ.  It was brutal.

Secondly, and this is the big one, I had my first college test this week.  It was all official and at the testing center and everything.  The test actually wasn't that bad. Finding it was.  I didn't know where the testing center was, but I wasn't going to ask for directions and look like a fool, so I had to look up a campus map and find the center on it.  Then when I got there, I didn't know what I was actually supposed to do.  And rather than ask one of the many people studying on the first floor and identify myself as a freshman, I instead opted to wander in front of them for thirty minutes... identifying myself as a freshman. Man, I love college.

I also cracked open the Hawaiian Punch Mom sent down this week.  It was amazing. I love drinking.

Along with that, I've reverted back to my diet of only quesadillas (and now Cup of Noodles, surprisingly good for a starving man), due to a lack of girls bringing me and rob food. I love women.

I'm actually glad I pushed off this post for a day.  I got this email about ten minutes ago from my chem professor, "There is an error in problem 4.78 part C of Assignment 12. The atomic number and mass number are reversed for the neutron. The mass number for a neutron is 1 and the atomic number is 0. -Bro Anderson", and then this one "Matt, Thank you for pointing this out to me.  I have sent an email to the class informing them of the problem. -Bro Anderson".  Not only does getting ahead in homework make it so I don't have do it at the last minute, it gives me first dibs on showing the professor I'm a genius.  Man, I love college.

Shout out for the week: Bubblehead (aka Bro Kennedy, aka Rob's dad) and his blog.  It's not written by one of my college buddies, so its probably a little more substantive than my previous shout outs, but hey, he sent some traffic my way and now I don't feel so bad. But check it out if your looking for something other than telling jokes/stories, bubbleheads.blogspot.com.  Boost my stats, then his.

It's been fun guys, see you next week (on Sunday, because I'm going to be responsible and do my homework on time).
Matt

3 comments:

  1. We never said you were a genius ... the word was geek. But, we love geeks like YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, did you think because you went to Wyoming over the weekend you didn't need to post? Shame on you. Don't you know we need our weekly dose of Matthew laughter?

    ReplyDelete