Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Break- A Tale in Two Acts

Due to my fixation with the internet, I'm pretty sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that I'm back online within a half hour of getting back from my week long vacation.  It probably does come as a surprise that I'm updating my blog, because I'm awful at it, but hey, live a little and little things like this wouldn't surprise you.  You should actually be proud of yourself, blog audience, because this is the third site that i've gotten on since returning to my regular internet connection.  The first was Facebook (because I'm addicted), then Gmail (out of habit), then you guys (because I care).
The truck- After the flip and subsequent explosion
This week was pretty sweet. Memories were made, lives were lost, etc. First of all, I got to see la familia which is always a plus.  Second, on the drive back, I flipped my freaking truck.  I say that like I was involved in the flipping or that it was my truck, neither of which is true, per se. And by per se, I mean at all.  The Kennedy's came down to pick Rob up and were nice enough to take me with them. Then Rob tried to kill me so he could take my bed. And while I'm not one for emotes, I believe this deserves a :(
Rob after the restorative plastic surgery
But no, now that the jokes are done, I'll switch into news reporter mode for those of you who haven't heard what happened.  The roads had been for the most part fine the entire trip, so we were going a cautious 50 when we were about fifty miles outside Burley.  All of a sudden we hit a patch of black ice, slid into the ditch, and rolled the truck once when we hit the bottom.  We all survived, in fact the only battle scar the four who were in the car have to show for our near death experience is a scrape on Rob's forehead.  The truck didn't end up so hot, but you can't win 'em all.  Afterward, Dad came and picked us up from Burley and we drove home for the break.  It's less exciting than the attempted murder story.
I'll report on the rest of the break as soon as I can.  Since I'm awesome, I didn't do any of my homework and now have to do that before I go to bed.  I also have to unpack, as well as participate in my routine partying.  Looks like a busy night.

Talk to ya'll later,
Matthew T. Bird, signing off

1 comment:

  1. Bird- let's agree there won't be any of this car wreck nonsense when you come home for Christmas, shall we?
    Also, more frequent blog posts. Mmmmk?

    ReplyDelete