Thursday, November 4, 2010

Part II

Guess who's back, back again. Answer: Matt Bird.  To finish the tale of how six boys remodeled their house to reflect their wild and crazy lifestyle.  Let's do this.

Obviously the biggest thing we've done to our dorm is the wallpapering of the kitchen.  And to respond to the numerous questions I've fielded, no the boxes don't smell, nor are we destroying the walls in any way.  We're professionals.  The way this whole escapade got started was... I don't really know.  All I know is that one day I was sitting in my room with Rob when Mark comes barging in demanding any food boxes we might have.  Happily we obliged him (who are we to withhold trash from our roommate?), and eventually found out that there's a competition with the boys in 24.  Something about finishing our kitchen and loser buys the winner a pizza.  So naturally I'm committed to winning this thing, both because my competitive spirit is on steroids (making it angry and huge) and because I don't want to pay for a pizza.  Unfortunately, tortillas and cheese both come in bags, making it difficult for someone who subsists entirely off quesadillas to contribute.  Luckily I'm pretty much a genius.  One day, in a stroke of inspiration, I decided to take out my trash, when I realized that every dumpster in Heritage has two huge recycling bins entirely filled with cardboard the day before trash pickup.  In one day we got five big recycling bins full of cardboard and took a commanding lead.  24 just couldn't pick up the slack.  Sorry guys.

Other than me slacking on putting up a post, you guys haven't missed a whole lot these past couple weeks.  I've just had a massive amount of tests and homework.  Looking forward to the weekend where I can get myself a decent amount of sleep.

Also, I recognize that this post isn't written in my normal style (hilarious and witty, while at the same time smooth and refined).  I decided just to do a reporting post, cuz I don't have a lot of time, and I would rather feel the wrath of a thousand angry suns (namely, the sun on the desert level in SM3) than break a pinkie promise.  I'll go back to writing well next time.

Peace out, ya'll
Matt

2 comments: