Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Callout

Let me apologize to begin with, let me apologize for what I'm about to say.  But I couldn't help but notice a sudden revival of the dead blogs of my friends in the recent past.  I don't want to say that this might be due to my natural leadership talents, but occasionally we all have to do things we don't enjoy.  But seriously though, these are some pretty funny dudes, Tim Davis (already linked him up, but hey, I'm a giver) over at http://twss654.blogspot.com/, and my buddy Marcus over at http://nrdrummer.blogspot.com/.  Check 'em out if you get the chance.

Anyways, enough about other people, because I know you don't care.  I mean, there's a reason you came to my blog, amirite?  I sincerely apologize for the long delay between posts, I just got out of the busiest couple of weeks of my life.  At least since the last time I had a couple weeks full of tests.  Which happens ridiculously often at college.  No me gusta.

Here's the thing- I'm awful at blogging because when I sit down at the keyboard, I can never think of anything interesting that I've been up to.  Honestly, I play a lot of videogames (which maybe two of my friends might be interested in), go to school, and sleep more than is good for me. And now that my roommate has told everyone he knows about my blog (thanks, dawg <3), there's a lot of pressure to keep up the humor.  I feel like you guys have totally unrealistic expectations of me.  I'm not entirely sure I can keep it up.

PSYCH!!! Sometimes I wonder if you guys even know me.

But for reals, since I haven't had a chance to go out and do some crazy stuff recently, my crazy story for this post is a couple weeks old, and most of my friends in Provo have already heard it.  Sucks to be them!!! It's my blog, I type whatever the freak I want.  Here we go: A while ago, prolly about a month now, me and my roommate got the genius idea to try and capture a small animal, probably so that we could train it to act as our personal butler.  One day, me and Mark are in the kitchen when, right out side our window, we spot a flock of infinite ducks.  Perfect opportunity, amirite? We grab the nearest weapon we can find (a cardboard box) and set out on the hunt.  The battle strategy was that I would circle around to the other side of the flock and we would pin them against the building, giving us the perfect opportunity to strike.  Unfortunately, we forgot ducks could fly.  Right as we're about to snag us a bird, this duck starts flapping his wings all crazy-like.  Naturally we assume "Hey, he's doing the crazy chicken thing where they try to scare you off." Then it just shot between us.  Kinda dazed, me and Mark look at each other just in time for every other duck in existence to take off in every direction possible. I don't know if you've ever been in the middle of a poultry blizzard, but its the scariest thing in the world.  I'm not to proud to say that I bolted.  Normally, I'd back my roommate up and try to save him, but there's an exception for death by bird.  So Mark, I'm glad you made it out alive.

With that (more correctly, with this underwhelming farewell), imma peace out. I have work in five hours. Keep it real!

Matty b

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about your exploits, when are you going to update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Art of Public Speaking 11e (Stephen E. Lucas).
    http://payhip.com/b/3meC

    ReplyDelete
  3. understandable statistics: concepts and methods, 10th edition
    http://payhip.com/b/h7q4

    ReplyDelete